Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Little Note about Pictures

Anybody who has browsed the online dating sites out there can totally related to this. Profiles without pictures are probably not worth much. I'm not at all overly concerned with appearance, I mean, you should have your teeth, and you should at least try to smile and look normal, but I'm not the kind of girl that's like "Oh, he balding, can't consider him." I've got my fair share of scars (we're not talking Texas Chainsaw Massacre though), freckles, and wrinkles are starting to appear. I'm human, I'm not without fault and I certainly don't expect my mate to be perfect either. So on my daily roster of 10 eligible bachelors on Chemistry.com, more than half were without pictures. :::::::::::Lightning Flash::::::::::::::: Maybe they aren't actually eligible???

On the other hand, I'd almost rather have the picture free profiles than the ones where the guy has taken a picture of himself with his cell phone camera. This is not good. Don't do this. The picture always sucks. Or the ones taken with a web cam. Or the ones where the guy looks like he's scanned in his most recent mug shot, and he may very well have a murder weapon in the trunk of his car.

In sort of good news, I am emailing with a guy who so far seems to be pretty darn cool. He hasn't asked me how big my boobs are. He hasn't shared that he likes to do it with the lights on or that he has very large hands and/or feet. He hasn't peppered any of his emails with stuff like "U R So HOT!!!" All signs so far point to gentleman, which is definitely a good thing. Oh, and he hasn't sent me ridiculous IM after IM. Also a good thing. Hopefully we can get together for coffee or drinks sometime this month. December is kind of a hard time to start anything (ooooh, I'm not being too hopeful, I swear), since it's a crazy busy time of the year, but we'll take it one day at a time and see what happens.

No comments: