Monday, November 10, 2008

Cheap Date

I was set up with this guy (we'll call him Red, he was a volunteer firefighter/EMT.) I was hesitant to go out with him, because honestly I wasn't that attracted to him. He was practically begging me to go into Manhattan with him, so he could "treat me like I've never been treated." I did want to check out the new Harley Davidson Cafe that had recently opened, so I figured one date couldn't hurt. He drives me into Manhattan, we hit the HDC, and he tells me to order anything I want. I ordered some shots because I was nervous. We racked up a $200 bill, and I had a really great time, even though he wasn't my type. The waitress comes with the bill and hands it to Red, and I said "oh, let me give you something towards this!" and he hands me the WHOLE CHECK! I fumbled in my bag for my Amex, and he went to the bathroom while I settled the WHOLE bill! I was pretty shocked, and kind of annoyed. We had a few phone conversations the previous week where he bragged about how he treats his girlfriends, bought them gifts, dinner, jewelry. I would not have even minded splitting the check, because it was a lot, but to hand it to me and then leave the table was too much! He didn't even offer to leave the tip, nothing!!!
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, he drives down to South Street Seaport, where he proceeds to grope me. I told him I'm not that kind of girl, and proceeded to turn into Ice Bitch until he got the message and took me home.
At least I got 2 shotglasses out of it;)

1 comment:

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

OK that guy was a dork!! He probably thought you REALLY liked him for you to pick up the tab like that. @@

You should have gone out with him again, did 6 shots and then puked in his car!!